Learning

Aesthetics is the key concept of all of these videos and articles and that every philosopher has different views on it. Aesthetics is a set of principles and underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement. It is concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty. Aristotle of the 4th century B.C. theory is very important. He used specific rules of composition that included time, action and place. These ideas were what brought beauty to art he believed which I found very interesting. Both Changeux and Ramachandran scientific view of aesthetics and art were interesting to me. I liked how Changeux talked about artifacts being a piece of art. I found this interesting because I never really considered them art until Changeux introduced that thought. I liked Ramachandran's thought about how art has a different and big effect on the human mind. In both the reading and videos they both talk about the history of art and discuss the different viewpoints of art and aesthetics that different philosphers and speakers have. These videos and article gave me a different view on art and aesthetics that I previously had. They helped me understand them better and give me a different outlook on art and aesthetics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

module 10

video review

Albright Knox